Murphy Larkin Timber Products Ltd acknowledges that aspects of its activities can have a significant impact on the environment. It is our objective to balance the need to achieve our business aims, with the need to safeguard the environment both locally and globally. As a company we are committed to conduct all activities in a manner that will seek to ensure prevention of pollution.
Accordingly, the company will seek to achieve and maintain compliance to all existing and future environmental legislation, and all other requirements to which the company subscribes.
Murphy Larkin Timber Products Ltd has therefore developed this comprehensive policy statement to provide the framework for setting and reviewing environmental performance.
Murphy Larkin Timber Products Ltd activities include the following:
- The Importation of Timber Supplies
- The Manufacture of Timber Products
- As a company we are committed to reduce the impact of our operations upon the environment by means of a program of continuous improvement, the broad aims and objectives of the program are nominated as follows.
Murphy Larkin Timber Products Ltd will:
- Ensure compliance to present and future environmental legislation - where no regulation exists we shall seek to set standards that are compatible with this policy statement.
- Control and / or reduce emissions that are harmful to the environment.
- Seek to reduce consumption of materials in all operations by implementing organise planning.
- Minimise waste output by the implementation of segregation and recycling initiatives.
- Actively seek to manage and reduce all forms of energy consumption.
- Ensure that staff, at all levels, are made aware of environmental issues.
- Seek to minimise the visual, noise and other aspects of our operations on the local environment.
It is accepted that the Murphy Larkin Timber Products Ltd, Environmental Policy, can only succeed with the
co-operation of all employees, whatever their respective level within the organisation.
This policy has the full support of the Managing Directors.